NOI – NOT Permitting

HB NEXT assists companies in the filing of NOI’s and NOT’s.

Storm water discharges from construction activities (such as clearing, grading, excavating, and stockpiling) that disturb one or more acres, or smaller sites that are part of a larger common plan of development or sale, are regulated under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) storm water program.

Prior to discharging storm water, construction operators must obtain coverage under an NPDES permit, which is administered by either the state (if it has been authorized to operate the NPDES storm water program) or EPA, depending on where the construction site is located.

Where the EPA is the permitting authority, construction storm water discharges are almost all permitted under the Construction General Permit (CGP). The CGP requires compliance with effluent limits and other permit requirements, such as the development of a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP).

Construction operators intending to seek coverage under the EPA’s CGP must submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) certifying that they have met the permit’s eligibility conditions and that they will comply with the permit’s effluent limits and other requirements.

If the EPA Federal, State or Local Issuing Authority visits one of your job sites call our Regulatory Helpline at 770-619-1669.

“The phone call and advice are complimentary”.

Need Help?

Contact us for more information, pricing details or to schedule a time for a representative to call you.

770-619-1669 |