This 4 hour course designed to meet GUFPA’s required training as well as educate all others in the utility laws and dangers. This course is approved for four hours continuing education credit by the Georgia Secretary of State. It includes an introduction to Georgia Dig Law, an overview of Georgia Overhead Law, the rules of the Georgia Underground Marking Standards and all attendees will receive a student manual and a laminated class card for this course.
Prior to registering for this class, all prospective trainees must acknowledge that this virtual presentation of the Georgia 811 / GUFPA class does not satisfy the training and/or educational requirements outlined by the Georgia Public Service Commission for the purpose of responding to a Notice of Probable Violation (NOPV) of the Georgia Dig Law (GUFPA) . Only approved safety courses taught in-person by a qualified instructor are eligible for consideration by the Georgia Public Service Commission. Please don’t hesitate to contact the HB NEXT Office with any questions @ 770-619-1669.
Class Length: 4 Hours
Join us for a virtual version of the standard Damage Prevention GA 811; the class will be taught live via Zoom by a qualified instructor. This class is appropriate for supervisors, foremen, estimators and individual contributors.
Due to the virtual format of the course, student fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable. Recordings are not available; students must be present for all 4 hours of class. Class is limited to 20 participants and registration closes on October 27, 2022.
Technical requirements for all students:
- Reliable access to high speed internet
- Recommended bandwidth: 5 Mbps/5Mbps (up/down)
- Desktop or laptop computer with a functioning webcam, speakers, and microphone (you will be required to stay in camera view for the entire course)
- No mobile devices, such as tablets or smartphones
- Supported browsers:
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- macOS: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+