NCCER Basic Rigger
This is a fully credentialed, 4-day course designed to provide trainees with a better understanding of common rigging hardware, proper safety practices for load-handling, inspection techniques, hand signals, and hitch configurations.
This course will cover the following topics, and much more:
- Identify and describe various types of rigging hardware
- Explain the significance of sling angles and describe common hitches
- Identify and describe how to use various types of hoisting and jacking equipment
- Identify safety standards relevant to mobile cranes and their operation
- Explain how to use a load chart and understand the basic concepts of critical lifts
- Describe the significance of boom length, angle, operating radius, and elevation
- Identify and interpret the OSHA regulations related to crane communications and explain how to communicate with crane operators verbally and nonverbally
Please be advised that a portion of this training requires access to either a lattice boom or telescopic boom crane on a live construction site to complete the associated performance objectives.